Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grey Outside Golden Inside














































Socked in and grey all day today, with occasional rain and very chilly. Just the kind of day I like to spend inside staying cozy. The only outside chore I did was to replenish the water tank. That just took a few minutes and I got it done before it really started to rain. Fingers got a little cold was all. Always a luxurious feeling to have plenty of water when weather is nasty.



Part of being cozy includes puttering around in my cute little galley. I usually make a pot of coffee but it just smells extra special good on a cold grey day. Made that for breakfast and had oatmeal. Later in the afternoon I decided to make a pizza from scratch. You can see the aftermath of making pizza from the shot of the counter. Made the dough in the bread machine, made my own sauce, cooked the hamburger, chopped onions, green peppers, and added mushrooms and plenty of mozzarella of course. What do you think? Well, I enjoyed it.

The mountains are pretty much obscured as the ceiling is very low. I took a few pictures out of the window of the RV. The strip wheat is very pretty and adds a nice touch of green pattern to a bleak landscape.


Linda brought by a piece of wonderfully gooey dessert. I will have it for breakfast. Would gain 3 lbs. if I ate it tonight after having pizza too. Have lost exactly 50 lbs. in the past five years. Would you believe? Have a long way to go but am making progress. Have lost about 30 lbs. of it in the past year alone. Part of my reason for shucking the conventional lifestyle in favor of fulltiming was in the hope of getting the weight off permanently. As long as it doesn't rain every day that might happen. Otherwise....ooops!


For exercise I did 10 minutes of step aerobics on the bottom step of my inside staircase while I listened to some nice Christian music. Worked great and lifted my spirits to the heavens at the same time! Will do another 10 minutes a little later. It is raining very steadily now. Will check it out in about a half an hour when I take the doggies out for their last "private moment" tonight. Kitties are mostly curled up and sleeping and Rocket Bird zonked out about 8:30 when he made me put his night-nights on (cover his cage).

No comments:

Post a Comment